The Assistive Technology Training & Information Center (ATTIC) provides assistive technology (AT) support to students in Detroit, Grosse Pointe, Hamtramck, Highland Park, and Harper Woods districts.
- Assistive technology consultation and support to teachers and students.
- Assistance with IEP considerations.
- Inservice training for educators, parents, and students.
- An extensive lending library with numerous devices, software, and reference materials to borrow.
- Support in integrating assistive technology into the curriculum.
- Support for augmentation/alternative communication systems.
- Information on the latest technology and software programs.
- Adaptations including switches, environmental aids, and mounting systems for student use.
- Assistance with both high and low incidence populations.
- Opportunity to try devices and software in our on-site lab, with technical support available on request.
- Information regarding conferences and conventions related to student learning.
Equipment and materials are available for loans of up to 90 days to teachers of special needs students. Parents may borrow through their child’s teacher.
Call (313) 263-2811 for more information.